Your National Guard Fights Lung Cancer

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 · Posted in , , ,

Comments (0)

I will do a little play on words with this article which I believe will help you to grasp what your vegetables provide to you in your fight against lung cancer. Now if you think of carcinogens as a terrorist group sneaking around our borders and trashing our cities then think of your cruciferous vegetables as your crack national guard unit that catches them before they do you any harm. Did you forget where the carcinogens come from and what they cause? They attack your lungs and cause you lung cancer.

What makes these vegetables like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and especially your broccoli, such great body guards is their sulforaphane which is considered to be one of the most powerful cancer fighters found in any food. Do you get the picture? These vegetables will protect you and your family.

Your cruciferous vegetables also contain something that is called indole-3-carbinol (consider this your cleanup crew) and it repairs the damage that the carcinogens do to your cells before they can turn cancerous. Now are you going to eat your vegetables?

It is no wonder that some of the research has indicated that by you eating more broccoli and brussels sprouts it just may lower your risk of lung cancer by as much as forty per cent. I recommend you consume at least four - one half cups of these vegetables every week.

Now for some fruits to help protect you and please take note that they should all be in the color of red and orange. The colors seem to come from a type of carotenoid (an orange antioxidant) that seems to safeguard smokers. It will also protect non smokers. Why are cigarettes legal anyway? Anyhow I recommend a combination of these fruits and vegetables to be consumed seven to ten times daily.

Some other foods to be considered are salmon, sardines, mackerel, spinach, kale and beans; I did not want you to think that I only recommend vegetables and fruits. Lastly, if someone in your family smokes or you are around smoke a lot, please do yourself a favor and take some vitamin C supplements. I recommend 500 to 100 milligrams daily if you are frequently exposed to smoke. And as always you must eat well to be well.

I think. I read. I care. I inform. I coach.

My campaign to save you from lung cancer continues.
Get back to me.
To you wellness
don george

1(603) 686-7186
donm

Powered by Blogger.