3/35th of the way done

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 · Posted in

Well, I’m done with week 1, which consisted of one round of chemo and 3 radiation treatments.

Chemo: Sucks. That’s all I have to say about that. It is not in any way fun! The nausea, while not overbearing, just never seems to completely disappear. I’d kill for a few daylight hours of nausea-free goodness.
I am anti-drug, I always have been, but I gotta tell ya, a couple anti-nauseating hits on a bong are starting to sound pretty good – just saying.

Radiation: Not bad at all. I go in and first we heat the tumors up to 110 degrees and hold that for 20 minutes. Then to the radiation which lasts maybe 10 minutes, then back to the heating – then I’m done. This combination of TopoTherapy and Hyperthermia has proven to be very effective at treating tonsil cancers. The tumor on my tonsil is nearly already dissolved after just one week.

That’s about all I have for now but updates will follow – have a great weekend all.



View the original article here

Powered by Blogger.