The Attitude of Gratitude.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 · Posted in ,

Well, ‘tis the season to be thankful, so I thought I’d share a few of the things that get my gratitude on. And my apologies for mixing my holidays a little bit there…the stores are so filled with Christmas stuff already that it’s easy to forget that we haven’t actually gotten through Thanksgiving yet! So my Top Ten List of 2011:

1. Booze. (No, wait a minute-I definitely didn’t mean to start with that. Let’s try again)

2. Pain meds. (Dang, this is getting embarrassing. Getting focused now)

3. Booze with pain meds. (Oh, for the love of…this list is not going as planned)

4. My golden-hearted husband. He’s my hero. (MUCH better!)

5. My three beautiful kids who have gone through hell and are still hanging tough.

6. My idiot dog and four pea-brained cats, who keep me company when I’m alone.

7. The fact that I can have surgery, and that I have an awesome surgeon.*

*oncologist to be featured on upcoming “Ungrateful List”

8. The beauty of the world around me, captured in the glowing red vine maple outside
my dining room window.

9. That it looks like I may very well get to make another one of these lists in 2012
(unless the Mayans turn out to be right-I’m going to really party hearty on New Year’s
Eve just to be on the safe side).

10. My fellow-warriors, here at BFAC and elsewhere. I LOVE YOU GUYS!*

*and that’s not just the booze and/or pain meds talking either.

Now it’s sharing time! What are you all most thankful for as 2011 winds to a close?



View the original article here

Powered by Blogger.