Recovery

Thursday, November 17, 2011 · Posted in

So I never realized how much the surgery would knock me on my butt. I had my follow up with my surgeon on Oct 12th. She told me that the surgery was a good success. I hadn’t gotten to see her when I had surgery, because listening to the chit chat in the operating room before going under she had a patient just after me that was in worse shape then me and was going straight to the ICU after surgery. It made my heart sink because I had met this women on my first consultation, she had thyroid cancer like me, but it had made it’s advance to her vocal cords. I couldn’t imaging going into surgery knowing I was going to totally lose my voice. I hope she pulled through but that was the last I heard about her. Anyways I got off topic, she said she thought she got all the cancer out that she could see, but since it has been festering and growing in me for so long their will be microscopic bits left. So that means I’m still in for radiation.

My file is being handed off onto my newest doctor. At first when I researched my Dr, which I always do, I got really worried because he specializes in diabetes. With a phone call to my surgeon her secretary reassured me he is an endocrinologist and will be looking after my thyroid levels as well as scheduling me for radiation. So I haven’t been scheduled yet for anything but meeting my doctor. Hopefully the wait isn’t to long, I’d rather finish and get my clean bill of health faster. I really want to make it back to college next September. Oh well, here is to hoping they fix my current low thyroid levels, and I come out on the winning side. Which I have no doubt I will. Come on Dec 19th! Bring me an early xmas gift of good news!



View the original article here

Powered by Blogger.