My shrinking family :(

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 · Posted in ,

Cancer claimed another one this afternoon. My grandmother, Kate. 29 days after losing my dad, his Mother went too. I’m only glad that she didn’t suffer at all.

There are no words. There aren’t even feelings anymore. Just an overwhelming sadness.

And fear. I have to go back for a magnified mammogram next Wednesday because they found something on the left breast. The one I’ve been complaining about for years, but was ignored because of my age. Yeah, that one.

Still waiting to get some kind of forward movement in regards to my massive ovary. I had a long chat with the dr. yesterday and he seems pretty focused on the breast issue. That’s not why I came here, dude. Can we also look into why my ovary is 5x bigger than it should be and I can feel the rock hard mass through my multiple layers of insulation? And will you please listen to me when I tell you that I FEEL LIKE CRAP! It’s not depression. It’s not a vitamin deficiency. My GP says my thyroid is within normal limits. It’s not stress. IT’S MY BODY TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING!

I go back on Wed for the booby squishing part 2. I refuse to leave his office without a lab slip for a full blood workup including a CA-125. I will sing all 900 verses of Henery the Eighth I am, Enery the 8th I am I am if I need to. I’ll take an airhorn for when my voice gives out.

I’d rather be labeled a hypochondriac freak than someone who procrastinated or believed doctors. Gonetoosoon



View the original article here

Powered by Blogger.