reminded of gratitude

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 · Posted in ,

My friends on Facebook have been doing this daily gratitude list, so I thought I would add mine on here.So, exactly 1 year ago on November 10 2010 I was wheeled into surgery for my radical hysterectomy. I remember waking up almost 8 hours later in the recovery room, wondering whether the clock on the wall was broken, or it was really nightime and “what the hell happened?”. LOL. Low and behold my uterus had other ideas, and was STUCK to my colon, and my colon had to be cut and repaired.Well, obviously I made it out, and in one piece. I had a long recovery, and pretty much missed the entire holiday season last year, but I am looking forward to celebrating this year. I am still dealing with ongoing issues, and believe me, I have my days filled with frustration and anger, but I am very grateful to be alive this year, and hopefully continue to be healthy for another year.I know there are many of us that are not as lucky, and my prayers go out to all of them. I remember last year I felt like my misery would never end, and I constantly needed to find even the smallest bit of hope to keep me going. And I was able to find that on this website. So I am hoping others have found hope as well. I am off to my amazing cancer retreat next weekend, and I hope to bring back lots of info and inspiration to you. I will also be posting pics. Hope everyone is hanging in there-my spirits are much brighter than they were in my last post :)



View the original article here

Powered by Blogger.